Monday, April 8, 2013

And Now For Something a Little Different...


It feels like this has been a long time coming. But now it is finally here and I can hold it in my hot little hands... ok ears. Well, listen to it in my hot little ears. You know what I mean. Maybe I should explain.

As of this morning the first in my Scandalous Series ~ A SCANDALOUS WIFE is now available in audio! That's right my first audio book has been born.
Audible   |   Amazon   |   iTunes

Like most authors' first books, this is the book I labored over, struggled with, poured my heart into, the book that gave my first lessons in the craft of writing. I don't know that I've ever admitted so publicly, but my tortured heroine was inspired by my grandmother as a girl; and therefore she is a character who is very close to my heart. Her struggles are more personal to me than perhaps any other heroine I've ever written.

I will admit that it was strange the first time I heard audio producer Stevie Zimmerman's voice reading MY WORDS and the sound coming from my MacBook Pro. I had to get up from my desk and walk away. It was all very surreal. But I sat back down and listened to every word of my novel come to life as someone else read those words aloud.

And I fell in love with this story and these characters, the ones I once knew so very well, all over again.

So I'd like to take this opportunity to scream from the roof tops that A SCANDALOUS WIFE can now be listened to as well as read; and I'd like to thank Stevie Zimmerman for her excellent skills as a narrator and for breathing life into my characters.

Originally posted at RedDoorReads.blogspot.com April 8, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment