Without going into too many details because (1) it’s just too bizarre to go into and because (2) this isn’t really the appropriate forum for it - yesterday I received the strangest piece of mail I may have ever received in my life. Essentially, it was a handwritten card from the least likely person in the world saying the most bizarre thing ever.
Totally a WTH moment.
Seriously! She sent a card that said THAT to me?
Is it April Fools Day? Am I being Punk’d?
Totally and completely bizarre.
As I read the card to my best friend over the phone – and after we cackled over the absurdity of it – she told me about a card her mother recently received that was also jaw-droppingly bizarre.
And that got us thinking about a completely untapped market out there – Apology Cards for Every Occasion:
* Yes, I ran over your sister with my car, but I think we can get past it.
* I know I got you fired, but I’m hoping we can let bygones by bygones. Aren’t you happier now anyway, with all of your free time?
*We're sorry we got greedy and upped your payment. In light of Amazon's Kindle Fire announcement and its ability to live stream, we at Netflix would like to say - Please don't leave us!
* I didn’t mean for your dog to eat my entire box of Godiva chocolates. I’m sorry for your loss, but we’re still cool, right?
* I am sorry we dumped pig's blood on you during prom. But did you really have to burn down the school? You might want to look into an anger management class.
* I am the one who spread that ugly rumor about you and the boss around the office. Sorry.
* I am sorry I robbed your convenience store, but I needed the money for drugs and alcohol.
* I didn’t mean to call your baby ugly in the middle of the church sermon. It just slipped out.
Seriously, an untapped market, right? What do you think would make the most bizarre apology card? I can’t wait to read these responses.
Originally posted at LadyScribes 9/30/11